Thursday, July 10, 2008

Ban the sandwich bag.

When my twins started preschool, I started making lunches.
At first it was just 2 days a week. Last year it was 5 days
a week and if it weren't for pizza Fridays I would've had a nervous breakdown trying to come up with a variety of foods that were nutritious, fun, and can hold up in a lunch box.

I also started to feel a sharp pang of guilt every time I gr
abbed another one of those plastic baggies which seemed so perfect for sandwiches, crackers, cookies, veggies and everything that I wanted to pack separately.

And then I found Glad and Ziploc containers in a variety of sizes that not only fit in a lunch box, but also open up my food options to include hummus, salad, and dip for their veggies.


They even make these little ones that I can use for yogurt and applesauce. That means I get a little green pat on the back because I buy larger containers of yogurt and applesauce which cuts down on packaging thus reducing waste. And not to mention the number of baggies that will stay out of a landfill.

Janine

No comments:

Post a Comment